Handicapped emergency procedures

What to do in the event of a fire, explosion or hazardous material emergency:

Follow your area-specific emergency action plan.

If you are unable to evacuate the building:

  • Evacuate to the designated area of refuge — typically  in or near stairwell.
  • If an area of refuge is not available go to a safe area and call 911.

If you need an accommodation to carry out your area-specific emergency action plan, identify that need to your supervisor so that arrangements can be made.

Further assistance can be obtained from at 581.4055.