Frequently Asked Questions

How do faculty become affiliated with a Research Center or Institute?
The provides guidelines, definitions, policies, and procedures for appointing internal and external faculty to Research Center and Institute positions. For an overview visit the Research Center and Institute Faculty Appointments webpage.
How is Indirect (F&A) Costs Distributed?
To find out more about Indirect Costs, visit the Commonly Used Forms webpage. Two documents covering this topic can be viewed using your UMaine online login credentials.
What opportunities are available to undergraduates?
The Center泭for Undergraduate Research (CUGR) at UMaine facilitates faculty-mentored research and creative activities for undergraduate students across all academic disciplines. For more information visit .
Who do I contact to find grant opportunities?
The Office of Research Development will assist faculty interested in finding research funding. They maintain a website with updated funding opportunities.
Who do I contact to submit a grant proposal?
To begin the process by submitting a grant proposal contact the Office of Research Administration.
Who do I contact to administer my grant?
Resources and staff at the泭Office of Research Administration泭are available to help you with your grant administration questions.
Who do I contact to report research misconduct?
For information on research misconduct policies and procedures visit the Research Misconduct webpage of the泭Office of Research Compliance泭or泭email Tammy Crosby.
Who do I contact to report a financial conflict of interest?
For information on financial conflict of interest reporting guidelines visit the FCOI webpage of the泭Office of Research Compliance.
How can I find grants to apply for as a faculty or graduate student?
The Office of Research Development posts ongoing and current granting opportunities.